Since the 2000’s cloud providers like AWS, Google or Microsoft have revolutionized how companies organize their IT infrastructures due to numerous benefits such as a reduced Capex/Opex and a greater flexibility.
Recently, the hybrid cloud model which mixes public cloud, private cloud and physical appliances on premises has been gaining a lot of traction by offering the best compromise between cost-effectiveness, flexibility and security.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a fast-growing emerging market in which data need to be transferred from the edge to the cloud, therefore offering many opportunities for new architectures and business models.
Founded in 2018 on the EPFL Innovation Park, CYSEC reduces the Capex and Opex required to launch innovative services requiring protection against cyber threats. The company commercializes a Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) in the form of a secured server called “ARCA”, that can store secrets and run multiple applications. ARCA is available in the form of a physical appliance to be deployed on premises or as a Service (aaS) in a hybrid cloud model. CYSEC today is a growing team of 15+ professionals including software and security engineers, and is active on the Financial, IoT, Telecom and Space markets where cybersecurity is a major concern.
Description of the internship
The main goal of the internship is to investigate how new business models in modern hybrid IT infrastructure can be implemented in the IoT vertical for CYSEC products and services.
The first phase of the internship will consist in a thorough market study reviewing the existing architectures and business models offered for IoT deployments, documenting their advantages and drawbacks depending on the relevant segmentation identified.
This initial phase will serve as a framework to assess new business models that could be applied to the CYSEC products and services on the IoT market. Based on the conclusions of the study, the student will establish a roadmap for the implementation of the new models selected, detailing the required changes or investments in the company as well as the expected benefits.
Knowledge and Skills
– IT background, either academic or personal. Professional experience is a plus
– Academic background in Business or strong interest
– Ability to work in a cross-functional team and horizontal organization
– Communication skills to conduct interviews with relevant stakeholders
– English proficiency is required, German native speaker is a plus. French is optional
– Join a young and dynamic scale-up with ambitious goals active on fast-growing markets
– Direct exposure to founders / top management
– Interactions with external stakeholders (potential customers, academic players, partners, etc)
– Future employment opportunity
Interested? We want to hear from you!
Send your resume to Mathieu by email along with a few lines explaining your motivation to join the team (no formal cover letter required) to:
CYSEC SA, EPFL Innovation Park A, 1015 Lausanne